When decorating a small bedroom then it makes sense wherever inherent to conserve the floor space you have in order to make a cramped room feel larger than it indubitably is. Below are some small bedroom decorating ideas which should help you to achieve the right effect for such a small space.
1. If you do not have sufficient space in the room for small bedside table then why not place a wall mounted shelf next to the bed. It will have sufficient space on it to place an alarm clock, books, photos and other items which will personalize the space for you.
2. If you do not have the room for a bureau or closet then use under bed storage instead. They can whether be made from cheap plastic or if you wish you can have some made to order from wood. But it is important that you have sufficient space beside the bed so that you can pull them out when you need way to them.
3. For those of you who want to watch a exiguous Tv before going to sleep then fit whether a wall or ceiling mounted Tv stand. You will be able to buy one in any good Diy store or store that specializes in storage products.
4. The colours that you use on your walls in a small bedroom should be neutral tones and only 2 or 3 hues of this colour should be used in the room. It is important that you paint the moldings and doors in the room in the same colours as the walls by using contrasting colours you will be making the room feel smaller than it is. The ceilings should be painted white as they will provide a sense of height to the room.
5. The furniture for such a room should be clean lined and have small delicate patterns on it which will help to nurture the illusion of space.
6. Open up the room by maximizing any views that it may have of the outdoors by using light fabrics or blinds at the windows.
7. Ensure that the room is well illuminated as this will also provide a sense of space in such a small room.
8. If you are able to add a mirror in a position opposite a natural form of light as this will help to provide supplementary light into a room and therefore generate the illusion of space.
Hopefully the small bedroom decorating ideas that have been provided above will help to generate the haven of peace and tranquility that you are looking for in such a confined space.
8 Tips For Decorating A Small Bedroom